Friday, June 29, 2007

SALVATION!

WOW!

Last nights band practice was FANTASTIC! I had to choose the songs for the meeting etc and so when three youth rocked up un-announced I was excited they had come, but after a while, all I wanted to do was worship God, and these youth were just stuffing around! We closed the night in prayer as we normally do, but before we got praying...

one of them asked if they could "feel the power of God like I had described the other day!". So I told them the way of Salvation, then spoke briefly about the Holy Spirit. I then told them they had to pray and ask for forgiveness of their sins and give their life to God.

What followed was amazing. Two of them gave their lives over to God, confessing their sins to Him, saying sorry, giving their life to Him, then we prayed for them one at a time. They both felt the Holy Spirit touching them!

What is great is that one of them had been hanging around for ages, and he finally committed to the Lord, the other had been with us only once before. It just goes to show that the good news is the power of God to save! Hallelujah!

Join with me as I pray for these youth!

5 comments:

Simon Mapleback said...

Jesus is mighty to save!!
Hallelujah!

Brian's Blog said...

Yes Lord,
do it again, and again, and again,... Amen

Anonymous said...

This is very awesome! God is great! i agree with brain.. do it again Lord, and again, and again, and again, and again...Amen to that brother!

Love Sarez xxx

Brian's Blog said...

Hi James,
How was Glenroy?

Pete Brookshaw said...

Awesome stuff! God is good brother!