Friday, June 15, 2007

Kylies Underwear!

Holiness intensive has been great! So much to say but I'll talk about that later.

I love kylie Minogue. I even bought her Kylie Fever CD even though everyone was teasing me. But whats annoying me at the moment is Kylie's new range of lingerie for 8-16 year olds!

Kylie sees lingerie today "like shoes and diamonds - a girl simply can’t have too many" on her website it speaks of lingerie range as "sexy, lacy, racy, girly, fun, comfortable for everyday ... and night."

Are these the types of messages we should be sending our young girls and young teenagers? Why do we need to make lingerie for young girls? Why do the girls feel that they need to be 'sexy' when they're not even a teenager? Why does the industry want to open lingerie up to even younger girls? What motivates these people? Will this situation get better or worse in time? How close is the gap between wearing sexy underwear and getting engaging in sex, be it in thoughts or deeds? How does this make God feel? How do you feel women?

To me, it is clear that our culture sees nothing as sacred compared to the almighty dollar. Our culture is saying that its ok to treat women like objects. Its saying that the outward appearance is more important than the inside, the heart. Morality comes second to lust.

As for me, I'm going to try and live my life giving worth to women, not treating them as objects or posessions or as 'eye candy.'

1 comment:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Praise God for you James! Because the world needs more men who want to live their lives giving worth to women!

Currently (but probably not for much longer!) I help Values 4 Life School Seminars run a workshop in high schools called "Life According to Cleo, Dolly & Cosmo - Femaleness & Identity", and we cover these very same issues in that seminar. The sexualization of tweenagers is disturbing. And if we the church don't stand up and speak against it, who will? It is our duty to do so.

God placed on my heart about three years ago, that I was go spend my life teaching women (particularly young women) their worth in the eyes of Christ. That they are not just sexual beings, but were created as unique and beautiful by a Creator who longs to see them walk in His image. We are image bearers after all. I'm praying, that as I step back into The Salvation Army, more opportunities are presented for me to do so, to spread the word, to model this, and to speak into the lives of young girls in our youth groups, our social centres, and schools that they are WONDERFULLY MADE! Beautiful Inside and Out! :)

Thanks for such an inspiring and uplifting entry!

Blessings,
Sarah
(www.tearsofanointing.blogspot.com)

PS. I'm a Kylie fan too!