Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Call to Preach

I look to the Bible to see what it says about a passion for souls. Where do people get their drive from? How do people get so filled with passion to see the lost saved? Paul said, "Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!" What an amazing testimony!

Heres a list that came to me through prayer...

We are called, commanded and compelled to preach the gospel.

Called - "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men!"
Commanded - "Go into all the world and preach the gospel!"
Compelled - "For I am compelled by Christs's love!"

Today I heard another list, from a guy in the house church movement in Asia, on where our calling to preach the gospel comes from...

Above - from God - Mark 16:15
Below - from hell - Luke 16:27-28
Inside - from our heart - 1 Corinthians 9:16-17
Outside - from others - Acts 16:9

Someone asked him, "Has the western church lost its passion for the lost?" He replied, "How many people have you lead to Christ lately?"

I'm challenged, how about you?

No comments: