Thursday, May 15, 2008

Salvofice?

Watch the DVD "Mama Heidi." I watched it last night and was blown away. Its about a lady who is a missionary serving in orphanages in Mozambique. They help thousands of kids in all sorts of different ways. The DVD shows stories of kids who now have a future, the violence of the country, the grace of God for salvation and healing.

Many would say the trademark of her ministry is the healing and miracles, but I believe the trademark of her ministry is her unconditional loving giving. I'm not talking about money, although she does that as well, but the way she gives of herself.

Coming into Red Shield Appeal time, I wonder how much we Salvationists give. We covenant to give as much as we can. And The Salvation Army gives to alot of people! But what about us personally? Is our giving sacrifice? Or is it salvofice?

If you want to borrow the DVD or watch it with me let me know, its really worth it...

No comments: