Monday, May 19, 2008

hell

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 11-15)

We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked. (Salvation Army doctrine 11)

It always amazes me that people dont believe in the doctrine of hell and punishment, the place where people go who are guilty of sin and have not accepted the grace of God in Jesus Christ. I'm not sure how people deal with issues of justice if people here on Earth can do what they like, live relatively easy and get away with sin. That does not make a holy and just a judge to me. As for me, I believe sin leads to death, condemnation and hell. I also believe if you repent of your sin, and believe in Jesus you will be regenerated by the Holy Spirit and you will be saved.

No comments: