Saturday, May 17, 2008

Jesus Speaks

Yesterday was great. Me and a friend got to preach it really hard to one of the guys from the school. We did some listening prayer which I thought was very telling.

We went through some Scripture that says that God speaks to us. "Call to me and I will answer you" (Jer 33:3) "My sheep will hear my voice" (John 10:27) and " "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?" (Matthew 7:9)

I then told him to imagine his happy place. A place where it was peaceful. Then we asked Jesus to speak to us and hold His promise that He speaks. Then we invited Jesus into the picture and we began to ask Jesus different questions. At the end the guy from the school told us he didn't hear anything. So I asked him where Jesus was in his picture. He then told me that Jesus was off in the distance!

So we were able to speak to him and tell him about Jesus who wants us to hear him, but we need to get close to Jesus to hear his voice. That will continue to be the challenge we give him, come to Jesus. Please pray for him that he will have the courage to break out of his comfort zone and run to Jesus.

As for you, what is God saying to you at the moment? Don't know? Perhaps one of the things you need to do is get close to Him...

No comments: