Monday, October 15, 2007

Who are you voting for?

On the weekend Jason Golden told us that his boss Pastor Danny Nahlia had a chance to meet the Prime Minister not long ago. During this time the PM was told to repent, which apparently he did. Perhaps evidence of this is in his new view on the Aborigines... Pastor Danny has also now prophesied that John Howard will win the election! A very bold prophesy considering what the opinion polls are saying!

As voting time comes closer I wonder who to vote for. Let me explain...

1) Which politician to vote for. Do I vote for the one who has a Christian value/moral system, or the guy with more of a Christian view on the marginalized?

I am simplifying a few things but here we go. Also, this is not all there is to these guys, this isn't deep, just something thats been on my mind...

John Howard opposes same sex marriages, opposes abortion, has good economy, good record, and stands up for what he believes in. He allows for freedom of speech. But his laws concerning the poor and marginalized seriously need some work. He says he is a Christian, he repents, prays etc

Kevin Rudd seems to be great for the working class. He seems to care about the average people, and the lower income people. The social type stuff. But he is in favor of abortion, same sex marriage, and religious vilification laws that prohibit intense debate between religions.

"On SBS News Friday 28 September, Mr Rudd was asked the following question - “Mr Rudd, do you believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?" Mr Rudd’s answer - "Well, I'm a - I'm a, a person who attends church regularly."

2) Which leads me to, who am I voting for. Not which politician but in this election who do I want to be better of? Do I vote for me? Or for the struggling family down the road who get racially abused because they are Africans? Surely both are valid... And at the same time we are to love our neighbor as our self. I think the Christian thing to do is to vote for others...

And just one more question to add while I'm thinking about it. Throughout history whenever there is persecution of the Christians the gospel spreads. If we get religious vilification laws that would persecute Christians would the gospel grow, therefore meaning should we welcome religious persecution???

I know there are gaps in what I have said, pick them out. But tell me who (for you or others) are you voting for? And did I make any sense?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow....i have no idea

thanks for the insight xoxox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
james said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't know that Kevin Rudd is the guy with more of a Christian view on the marginalised. He says he is, but then again he says he is a Christian as well.

Everybody said that the IR thing was going to destroy the country, and now it seems that unemployment is the lowest it has been for decades. It is really a good thing to have a job. The new tax plan they announced yesterday is going to be really good for low and middle income earners too.

Labour is traditionally good at giving out the dole, and that is in their favour. This is why we see them as being good for the poor and marginalised, but if people have jobs, they won't need the dole. This might be better.

The other thing that I really love is what Mal Brough doing with the Aboriginal people. It would be a shame to see him voted out, he is listening to people, and acting accordingly. When I think of those little babies I just want to go and love them, and this is what I see in the eyes of Mal Brough. Not just making himself look good, he feels for the women and children in remote communities, and is determined to protect them from the violence and abuse they have suffered. Whoever wins the election, I hope this work continues.

Anonymous said...

So will the outcome of the election have any effect on Danny Nahlia's credibility as a prophet?

Anonymous said...

So will the outcome of the election have any effect on Danny Nahlia's credibility as a prophet?

james said...

the outcome will have an effect on Danny nahlias credibility as a prophet. As a man of God, no, as an evangelist? no. As a Christian leader trying to unite Australian Chrsitians in prayer? No.

im very interested to see what happens next though...

and anon, just put your name down, its not that hard.

Anonymous said...

Interesting quote by Kevin 07! At least he attends church regularly. When Howard was asked about his beliefs prior to the 2004 election he said he goes to church more than twice a year!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until November 24th!