Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Introverted Evangelism (part 1,part 2 @ Go for Souls)

I am a bit of an extrovert. So when I do evangelism the first thing I can say to someone I have never met before, or even someone I know could be, "Do you believe in Jesus?" I am confident to say that. I am confident to ask questions, probe, challenge etc all on the spot. I see people saved quite reguarly, Hallelujah! But I often feel sorry for introverts.

I am sorry for introverts because they seem to think that evangelism is for extroverts. I feel sorry for them because they think that they need to be like me to be a good evangelist. When really thats crap. God calls us all to be evangelists, we are all parts of a body, we all have different personalities, so we will evangelise in our own way. The problem is that introverts see extroverted evangelists then shy away from evangelism because they think thats how you should do it.

But! Introverts have a lot of qualities I dont have. Look at this:
Extrovert: “act-think-act."
Introvert: “think-act-think.”

Introverts focus on deeper relationships, whilst extroverts can scan a room of people to talk to. Introverts can be great evangelists, they just need to make evangelsim a priority, get passionate about evangelism, and use the personality that God has given them. It will require patience and prayer, but God will make a way.

Check out this link, it will help you out alot!
http://www.onmission.com/site/c.cnKHIPNuEoG/b.2270961/k.7B4F/Evangelism_for_Introverts.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats good news....

I am an extrovert but when it comes to talking to others about God im introverted...i find that so annoying.

Today was my first day of my course. We went around the table introducing ourselves to each other and for the first time ever i came out with "im a christian"

And now people kept coming up asking

God is great, cant wait till the conference james, love u babe xoxoxoxxo

Simon Mapleback said...

I'm an introvert but seem to be an extrovert in Christ!! I love evangelism and Jesus told us to "Go".
If we have Jesus as our main focus then we will want to obey his commands out of love and the world will be won for Him!
Hallelujah - awesome stories about 'Catch the Fire' - let's catch it and run with it!!!