Friday, October 05, 2007

"Be with us"

Who asks God to be with them? Its a pet hate of mine when people say, "God, we pray that you will be with us today." I even say it sometimes, even though I immediately regret it... But what a slap in the face of Jesus! He said in the great commission, "I am with you always!" So, by us asking God to be with us we are in effect telling Him we don't believe what He's already told us. It may be just something you say, but stop it, it annoys me!lol

Do you feel God? Is your knowledge of God being with you in the feeling that God gives you? I had a good chat yesterday to someone who feels God alot of the time and when He asked me about feeling God I had a completely different answer. I hardly ever feel God. You see, before me and Jess broke up I felt God alot, then we broke up and I felt terrible and I couldn't feel God. My feelings for Jess were getting in the way of my feelings of the presence of God.

It was in that time I began to trust God, to have faith that He was there! Heres something for you to think about, God has always been there. Even when you can't feel Him! Even when you are in pain. Even when you are sinning! Hes there! And I thank God I don't need to feel God to know He's there anymore! I love it when I feel Him, but I now see that as a special time when God makes His presence felt.

So there you go, don't slap Jesus in the face. Believe what He said. The truth shall set you free! Hallelujah!

No comments: