Thursday, July 26, 2007

Calvinist Astrologers?

I just took a quick break from an essay Im writing and saw on the T.V this astrologer speaking. He was saying that there are two ideas in life, one idea is that we have free will and we choose what we do. The other is that we're pre-wired.

This astrologer says we are pre-wired and that is why he can tell whats going to happen, and what he should say etc.

In theology there are these two different ideas that can both be taken from the Bible depending on how you interpret it. The free will idea is often given to a couple of men named Arminius and John Wesley. The pre-wired thing is given to John Calvin and a bunch of others.

This leads me to a question. Are calvinists astrologers? Or are astrologers Calvinist?

I think of the wise men looking at the stars and they follow it and find Jesus.

Are the astrologers onto something here? Do they hold the answer to the free will versus pre-wired debate? Is the answer really in the stars?

What do you guys think? Comments would be good... (thats if anyone reads this...lol)

2 comments:

Cadet Stobes!! said...

Interesting thought.. I guess when I need a bit of humour, I read the star signs etc, they are incredibly general and they almost talk about incidents that happen in everyday life. I'm not convinced that they 'know' people's lives etc, I think they just read little cues that people give off and make a play on that.

With the wise men and the star, the followed it, I'm not sure they 'read in to it'. I believe they were led by God.

Interesting thoughts though... In short, I'm not convinced the stars hold the answers...Interesting to see what others think....

James!! Give me a call!!!!

Praying for you! Love & prayers, Stobes!

living4today said...

i agree.
astrologers just write everyday stuff in horoscopes. like: 'you will meet a dark haired person today', well hello! the majority of people in this world are dark haired.

if we were pre wired then that means that God MADE Adam and Eve eat the apple, because he wired them that way! which is just silly.
why would God wire someone to sin? why would God WANT to see his only son die on the cross? why would God WANT people to go to hell?

Horoscopes are guesswork and God has given us free will, and that's that.

great blog James. cya.
alana;P