Monday, May 28, 2007

Pentecost Sunday

Well, I woke up yesterday morning nice and refreshed. Excited about preaching, but nervous at the same time. And I had a splitting toothache! On the way to Church I got a phone call from Sarah, (had it on speaker phone so i could still drive safely...) and I told her about this toothache and how I believed God was going to heal it.


As soon as I got off the phone it was fine! Hallelujah! Then once I got to the hall it came back. Then the meeting was really good. One part that really stood out was that we were invited to come to the front and write names of people we wanted to see saved on cards, then we put the cards on all the empty seats in the hall and we prayed. And we're going to pray for those people every day! And we're going to see those people saved! Hallelujah.

Then I preached. Tootchache stopped just as I got up, and I think it went well. I had everyones attention (apart from the person in the front row whos phone kept on going off!hahaha) And afterwards I had lots of people encourage me and tell me it was good, and they appreciated it etc. Its such an encouraging environment! Thank you Plenty Valley! Also, I even had someone in tears!Hallelujah! Now I pray that what was said will impact the way they live their lives... (I'll post a bit about what I said later...)

Other exciting news, Sarah did Junior Soldiers! And they read Acts 2 then got into the baptising in the Holy Spirit. I believe they were all baptised in the Holy Spirit, all slain in the Holy Spirit, and one of them saw a vision of Jesus, another saw a vision of a bright light which turned into a flame! Hallelujah, "your sons and daughters shall see visions!"

How was your pentecost Sunday? What did God do?

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Had a good day, people were moved by the Spirit.