Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Confused

I dont recall anytime in Jesus ministry when He knocked back a plee for healing. When He was walking along the road, whenever people asked to be healed He did. The times people werent healed was because 1) They didnt believe or 2) they didnt have enough faith...

Last year I chipped my front tooth in half in the middle of footy season. The tooth was miraculousy ok and they stuck the other half back on no problems. Then in a wrestle at Easter camp it got chipped again. I went to the dental hospital and they capped it. Again, miracuoulsy the tooth was fine. Then a couple of weeks ago my teeth began to get sensitive to cold drinks and ice cream etc. Then the last week its been almost constantly hurting,

So yesterday I locked myself in my bedroom and prayed. And prayed and prayed. I asked God to heal me. I asked for a new tooth. I thought that He would heal me. I even thought I heard Him say "go and clean your teeth 7 times and you will be healed." I did and i thought it was healed then it came back.

Then today I woke up and it was hurting and was in really bad pain! So today I went and got a root-canal. Ouch!

Im convinced that God heals in these situations. I have no doubt that He can heal me, or anyone, especially tooth aches. What Im confused about is why He doesnt heal me. Ive also seen in the Bible that often Jesus is moved with compassion before He heals. Maybe Hes not as compassionate on my tooth ache that I can get fixed at the dentist... Im not sure.

Either way though, I still believe God heals today. Whenever Im in pain or someone else is I will pray and declare healing. I believe in Gods healing power even though it didnt happen this time. I cant wait till I can blog a miraculous healing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey James you are healed only God used the hands and skills of the dentist to do it... peace

MERCYPEACEGRACE said...

Hey James: This is weird because even before I started praying for your tooth I kept seeing in my seer a dentist in a blue coat! This troubled me because I wanted a 'miraculous healing' lol. Anyway as I prayed I heard Him say He would heal you and I felt at peace! It seems He chose to heal you through the dentist as anon said! Why didn't He just do it directly? Thats somthign I would also like to know!
Its interesting that Jesus gave medical advice to the child he rised from the dead to 'rest and eat'. And also 2 Kings 10:20 'Go back and tell Hezekiah, the leader of my people, 'This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; indeed, I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.'"
Then Isaiah said, "Prepare a poultice of figs." They did so and applied it to the boil, and he recovered.

In His soverignty I guess He can use what method He wants, but I don't understand it! Paul

Brian's Blog said...

Exodus 15:26b
God said, "If you listen, listen obediently to how God tells you to live in his presence, obeying his commandments and keeping all his laws, then I won't strike you with all the diseases that I inflicted on the Egyptians; I am God your healer."

I simply want to say, Do it Lord!!

I also realise that in this world, the deceiver is not quiet. Further, in following Jesus life, the deceiver, was not able to make Jesus jump through his hoops.

I remember 'Job', and am reminded, that no matter what happens in life, the first response is to seek the Lord, and His blessing.

One of my people, has spent the last month witnessing to Doctors, Interns, Nurses, Physio Staff, Cleaners, etc. as their patient. Or, were they her's, eternally speaking.

Grace and Peace.

Simon Mapleback said...

Hey James,

I was thinking along the lines too of God using the dentist to heal your tooth too - maybe you were an answer that he was needing, some sort of divine appointment - he might have needed the money for something really important (not likely though!!)

Hope you're feeling better anyway -you and Pete the tooth brothers or something - lol.

Keep on trusting Him even if you don't get the answer you expect.

Catch ya

Anonymous said...

i agree with anonymous God healed you using the dentist that he gifted. We can have direct access to God through others, so just because you went to a dentist doesn't mean it wasnt a divine healing

james said...

thanks guys, i think i agree with u... well i do.lol