Monday, May 21, 2007

blog 3


Yesterday was Red Shield appeal! I had a great time door knocking and doing some collecting on the roads, Intersections! The best money maker of them all. What was better was that I had some of the kids from the school brekkie club helping me, and the other great thing was I got to walk around the neighbourhood I was in and pray! And I got to pray a lot! It was great seeing some of the different people in my community!

Talking about money though I was reminded of another parable!

Jesus was talking to some salvos who had just done some collecting. One of the soldiers exclaimed, “This man gave me a $5 note!” Then someone else said, “I got two $10 notes!” and still a different soldier said “One lady gave me a $20 bill and all the change in her purse!”

Jesus looked at us and said, “I had a lady put in $2! And she gave the most!”

Of course, me and the other soldiers were confused. “They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.".”

Thankyou to everyone who gave to the salvos on the weekend. We pray the money you gave us will help more and more people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats really cool