Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I love prophesy

I love prophesy! I love it how I can be going about my everyday life then all of a sudden something will happen, and out of the blue I'll get a text message from a prophet saying something discerning and encouraging. I love it how I might be stuck on a question and have no idea what to do and seemingly can't hear God then a prophet says "This may sound strange but God says..." Or when life is getting you down a little bit and a prophet says something encouraging. And a really good one, when you're being tempted to do something bad and you get a message reminding you what its all about and it keeps you on track. I love it when I deliver a message and it turns out it actually was from God and not something I just made up! I love knowing I have heard from the Lord God Almighty! I love prophesy!

There are alot of prophets out there. Some good, some bad. Some of truth, some not. Some we listen to, others we don't. But God sends them and we need to listen to them. Please think of the prophets out there who get these weird and wacky words to say to people like you and me, it can be quite scary and risky. But they do it because of the burden God gives them before they give it.

Thank you God for the messages you give us. Thank you to the obedient prophets! Thank you people for listening to the prophets!

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. Romans 12:6

No comments: