Saturday, November 03, 2007

I have started handing out Tracts alot more than I ever had before. I've been very surprised at how effective street evangelism has actually been. I believe the world sells us a message that street evangelism doesn't work in todays culture, but from the results I've seen since "Go For Souls" I can safely say that street evangelism works. People are getting saved because the gospel is being preached! Check out http://www.atstracts.org/ They boast 180 years of changing peoples lives.

A tract is something that is pointed, keeps peoples attention and has a clear gospel message. I now see the value of the War Cry however I believe it is not as pointed as what it could be. So, I have plans to make a monthly newsletter type tract to hand out with testimonies etc all aimed at getting people saved (not just talking through things)...
_______________
On another note, I want to thank God because I have such a great job! We went to luna Park last night for Youth group and I had such a great time with the youth. Its great having people love you so much as they grab you and force you to go on rides with them. It makes you feel so wanted and so special.

Which leads me to this point. Do you go to church to be fed? I use to, but now I go to serve and I find that i am being fed by the people I am ministering to. So, a challenge, if you're worried about not being fed, start serving! Start up some evangelsim stuff, or go help out at a soup kitchen. Most importantly, find a community where you can minister, its about a lifestyle of mission not a day, or job of mission...

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more! 1 Corinthians 9:19

1 comment:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

I wholeheartedly endorse what you say...we belong on the streets and people do respond, contrary to what the current weak church culture tells us. Totally agree with you on the War Cry too....in the UK ours is specifically designed for outreach (no Army news or big theologically complicated articles) but it still lacks an edge. My response is to consider writing articles myself...give it a try James...the more sharp writers we have the better.

yours
Andrew C