Friday, August 03, 2007

Go to hell demons!

This post seems long but have a read. Theres a cool story at the end too!
______________
At Plenty Valley we've had people getting saved lately. We've also had people getting healed. Peoples lives are transforming! Hallelujah!

The other week me and some guys from Plenty Valley were mucking around saying all we need now is some deliverance ministry happening. BUT Over the last couple of days one of the leaders has been having visions of a person with a demon with its hand on their head. The leader told me that every time he tells the demon to go away it does, but then it comes back with more demons.

When this leader told me this I knew it was from God. The bible passage I was up to in my devotions was Luke 11:24-26 where Jesus is saying how demons will return with their mates.
God-incidence hey?
______________
How many people these days have knowingly even been involved in spiritual warfare? How many have driven a demon out of someone or something or somewhere? Who would know what to do when it comes?
______________
I praise God that I have been brought up in a way that doesnt leave that part of life out. I also praise God that Ive been taught I dont need to be afraid, if anyone should be afraid its the demon!
______________
Heres one of my stories of the power of Light over the darkness. One night I was hanging with a friend and he told me hed vowed to pray for a church over some spiritual warfare. I asked him if i could join in coz he said hed been visited by a demon the previous night and had left 'something' in the room. Being me I thought it was drugs or something. I went home first got my Bible, prayed and went to his place. Walked into his bedroom and it was hot. Windy and cold as anything outside but hot and still inside. The heater wasn't on either. A candle started flickering and we found out by prayer that the demons name was legion. We then thought this is too big for us. The word I kept getting was 'Go.' But being me I didn't say it.

After an unsuccessfull night I went home. Tried to go to sleep but was scared. The fear was getting to me. I slept with the worship music going for about a week. Then I felt ok. Then I forgot to pray protection one night and I awoke the next morning. I thought the doona was heavy on my leg and went to kick it off but it didn't come off. Then I felt something crawl up my leg and start pushing down on my face. (It would have looked just like th exorcism of Emily rose when shes being possessed)

I screamed, well tried but I was panicking so much I couldn't get anything out. I cried out to God with a massive lack of faith. Then I started calling on Dad. Seems I had more faith in him. Then it went.

It came back 2 weeks or so later. This time I had faith and knew what to say. I woke up and the same thing happened. I couldn't breath but in my head I said "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazar..." and it left. Hallelujah!

It came back last year after an interesting easter camp with a few victories to Jesus. I woke up and all the lights had turned off even though I fell asleep and they were on. I felt an evil presence coming towards me but I said "IN JESUS NAME GO!" before it got to me and it was gone!
______________
so, dont be scared. Declare the authority. Go drive out some demons! But much greater than that, rejoice that your name is written in the Lambs book of life!

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:19-20 (NIV)

1 comment:

Amy said...

WOW! thats a great story. Would of been scary. God Is AWESOME!

god bless you loads.
Amy
xox