Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Since then we know what it is to fear the Lord we try to persuade men."
2 Corinthians 5:11
What does your knowledge of Jesus Christ compel you to do? Do you believe in hell? Do you believe that Jesus came to save us from sin and hell if only we put our faith in Him?
Everyone knows John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." But how many know the rest?
"17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
What does this mean for me? It means I want to tell the world that Jesus died and rose for their sins. That God is real, God loves them, that we are sinners, that we need saving, that Jesus wants to save us!!!
If I make up excuses not to tell people about God because they might get offended or I might feel embarassed, or dont feel good enough about it, what does that say about me? What does my life of keeping quiet mean? What will others think it means?
If I think God can save the world from their sins, If I think God can do anything, If I think God lives in me, changes me, loves me, is GREAT and Mighty and is the only way to salvation, but dont tell people, what does that say about my belief?
It says one of 2 things.
1) I dont really believe what I just wrote
2) Im selfish and dont care
The excuse of I love this person so I dont want to offend them is hypocritical. If you loved this person you would not want them to die in their sin and go to hell!
Who do you love? Do you really believe the gospel? Are you selfish? How much faith do you have in God?
Its time for us to stop being hypocritical selfish panzies and start telling THE WORLD thast Jesus is alive and what that means!
Dont think you can? You probably cant. But whem empowered by the Holy Spirit YOU CAN!
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

2 comments:

MERCYPEACEGRACE said...

Great post! Imagine if we had the cure for aids but kept it to oursleves and didn't tell anyone...how much more is it our responsibilty to share the Good News!

Pete Brookshaw said...

Love it James. You love being like those early Salvos hey? Tell it how it is, no beating around the bush. It's good.

You know, when the Word says that the apostles were filled with boldness, the 'Strongs' word for this is 'Frankness'. Good yeah?

He that believes in Jesus has life. He that does not, does not have life. It is that simple. At times we have sat in bible college's arguing theologies on Soteriology (salvation), yet it is that simple.

Thank you Holy Spirit for this simple revelation.