Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sign Story 2

Theres more to the last post... On the way home from the beach I saw a massive sign with the words:

"PREPARE TO DIE"

It was a sign advertising life insurance. This got me thinking, are you ready to die?
Now, I dont mean die as an old man or woman. I mean die now. Right now. We are commanded to die to ourself, die to the old way and become alive in Christ. (Romans 6) There must be more of God and less than us. There is no greater love than this, to lay down our life for someone! (John 15:13)
Do you love God? Lay down your life for Him! This is your spiritual act of worship! To offer yourself as a living sacrifice! (Romans 12) To die is gain! (Philip. 1:21-23)
As we die to sin, we become alive in Christ! Are you ready to die? Are you ready to die to become alive?
How do you do it?
1) Ask God to convict you of your sins!
2) Repent and renounce those sins!
3) Give your whole life to God! (time, money talents etc anything and everything you can think of!)
4) Live in faith!
Its no longer I that lives! But Christ who lives in me!
Galatians 2:20

No comments: