Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ive been reading through the New Testament and I have been amazed at what God has shown me! Its amazing how we can read the same piece of scripture time and time again and get something new out of it that speaks to our heart! Its also been great because for some reason in my head Ive always thought that these 'holiness' scholars were godly people but may not have the 'best' theology...But I am completely wrong, the army's teaching of holiness comes straight from the Bible! Hallelujah!

Anyway, the bits that keep standing out to me is about the significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I always knew that there was power in those two works of Christ. But lately Ive been searching what they actually mean.

The death of Jesus was for our sin.
The resurrection of Jesus is for our resurrection.

When we ask God to forgive us of our sins, He does because Jesus takes our place. He deals with sin on the cross. We crucify our sin with Jesus. Then just as Jesus was raised again, we too are raised again!

don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. (Romans 6:3-4)

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive! (1 Corinthians 15:22)

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20)

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful nature with its passions and desires! (Galatians 5:24)

Theres heaps more but I'll stop there for now!

2 comments:

Talz said...

JAMES!
You always have something useful to say dont you?
I like that post! I really do!
Well done!
Luv Talz
xoxo

Pete Brookshaw said...

Keep sharing your wisdom and passion mate, it's good stuff.