Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Christmas every one! Hope you all hada good one! I know I did! I got to go to Adelaide and have Chrissy with my aunties, uncles and cousins!

However God challenged me while I was over there. I wont go into details but a family I know was having a TERRIBLE time. They still are. The time that was suppose to be a happy family time was not. In fact it was and is currently a time of gut wrenching, anxious waiting, not knowing what the future will hold.

A few days before Christmas at 614 I saw a lady in the drop in centre, for some reason she stood out to me. She stood out in my heart. My heart literally 'went out to her'. I felt horrible, feelings of hopeless lonliness filled my heart. I did what I could for her, but how much will that help her? Will that give her hope?

The point is this, Christmas, though it is a happy time for most of us, isnt for others. There is a problem of sin in the world. It enslaves us, divides families, breaks relationships, makes us not love. There a illions of hopeless, helpless loaners at this time of the year.

Dont read this and say "thats true" but then go on living the same, think of a way you can help someone, a way you can love someone this festive season. As Christ has come into this world, we are in the world, how can we dwell amongst those who need the love of Christ this Christmas time?

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us
John 1:14

No comments: