Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jesus Saves!

I had the privilege of leading a lady to Christ toaday whilst doing E.R at 614! Im so pumped and excited!

During the interview I was holding back tears as I listened to her story. She has had a very rough life, filled with abuse and drugs to hide the pain. All of this was made worse two years ago when her 16 year old son was murdered! They still have not found his remains, and so she has not had any closure.

I told her there is still hope and encouraged her. Then I asked if I could pray for her. After I prayed for her I asked her if she had accepted Christ into her heart. She told me she hasnt, but had tried in the past, but she does too many things that Christians cant do like smoke. I told her not to worry about what people say but to listen and obey God.

I then told her how Christ loves her and wants to look after her. I told her how God never tells us to do something we cant do and then of the power that God gives us to overcome!

She then agreed, and I went through the sinners prayer with her. This lady I had never met before accepted Christ into her heart! God is good and is mighty to save! She called on the name of the Lord and has been saved, a party of angels in heaven errupted when she gave her life to the Lord! Her sins are forgiven, she is justified and now continues her life with Jesus Christ by her side! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Please pray for her. There is still a long way to go, but that journey is made easier with the help of Jesus Christ!

Cast your burdens upon Jesus for He cares for you!
1 Peter 5:7

5 comments:

Christopher said...

Hey James

WELL DONE!! You rock

I will pray for her. Did you have a chance to invite her to church and fellowship. She will need this to grow in her faith (but you know this already.

Bless you brother

Sarah said...

babe the way u are working at 614 is great, its something that u are fired up about and its great to see god working through u. Finally u are able to use ur gifts more its so amazing xoxoxox

Pete Brookshaw said...

Hey, bout time James! lol.

Thank you Jesus! We need to see more of this happening around us. Bring on the revolution.

Discover Leadership said...

The greatest privilege of all!

MERCYPEACEGRACE said...

Hey James! My bad I didnt get you on sms - out of credit. I broke my ankle so havn't been able to get out, its an accelerated healing still! Ive joined the Blogger family so pay a visit (http://mercypeacegrace.blogspot.com/), its authored by afew different people...anyways, hopefully catchup soon, expect more visitations, salvations, and stay hungry! -Craig Merrett