Saturday, April 21, 2007

Immediate Results

i wanna talk about this quote by George Scott Railton from "Heathen England" (GSR in black, me in red)

1. The Army succeeds by aiming at immediate results. Who does this theses days? Who literally goes about evangelising aiming for people to be saved after 1 chat to you? Who preaches on a Sunday aiming for immediate results?We have always aimed at immediate and definite results, believing that the Gospel of Christ, properly preached in the demonstration of the Spirit, and with power, ought to prove, must prove, visibly as well as in the heart, its divine efficiency. Does this mean we're doing it wrong?What, indeed, can be the use of preaching, unless it secures some immediate result? Theres our answer! Especially must this question arise when the audience largely consists of those who are little disposed even to listen to the Gospel; who have never come under its sound before, and never may again. Wow! Do we even preach to those people anymore? Maybe thats one of our problems...

This is what Im waiting for. This is what I wanna have faith for. I can not wait for the time when we aim for immediate results! Im going to do a test and you need to hold me accountable to this. I want to preach the word in power, and aim for immediate results! Im scared. Excited but scared...

I cant do this on my own. No, otherwise it will just be my words! I need the Holy Spirit! The Holy Spirit needs to convict! The Holy Spirit needs to heal! The Holy Spirit needs to give words of knowledge! The Holy Spirit needs to give prophetic words! Hmmmm seems like the Holy Spirit will be doing more than me... How exciting! Lord prepare me!

1 comment:

Simon Mapleback said...

Mate!! I want to be there!! We know God can do all things, especially talking to the hearts of people today in a matter of seconds! How good will it be to be a part of what God is doing in someones life and see them changed by God like that. More street evangelism - go to the people cos they're not comming to us!!
God let it happen now - i don't want to be taught patience!! lol.
Bless ya James!