Saturday, February 10, 2007

God gave you a brain!

Ive been reminded of a story twice in a short period of time:

A man was stranded on a deserted island and he cried out for God to help him. A boat came past and offered him a lift, "No thanks, God will save me!" He said. Then a submarine which he replied the same. Then a helicopter, and again the same answer. He died. Got to heaven and asked God "Why didnt you save me?" God said, "I sent a boat, helicopter and submarine but you refused it!"

Ive had a couple of hard decisions to make lately. Well, one in particular. Where do I go from here? Where do I apply for jobs? Where do I soldier? Etc etc etc!

Ive had a couple of chats with a couple of different people about this but one line I keep hearing is "God gave you a brain!" I keep asking God "Where do you want to send me?" And I dont hear an answer, but all these people say, "God can use you wherever you go, and God gave you a brain! Its ok to make a decision for yourself!"

So heres a couple of thoughts:

  • God gives me opportunities, sometimes we need to decide to take them.
  • Other times God directly tells us what to do
  • And still other times, the job is there to be done and God wants us to do it but we need to use our own initiative
What opportunities has God given you that you need to take?
What has God been saying to you?
What does God require of you?
What can you do for God that He would appreciate?

Then I heard the vocie of the Lord saying "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I! Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

Simon Mapleback said...

Do you hear that whisper...."Glenroy, Glenroy"
I must be hearing things!
When r we witnessing on the streets again, if you don't contact me soon I'll be contacting u!
Catch ya soon mate
Simon.

Anonymous said...

Wise words Jimmy,
I like this sorta thinking.


Teackles