Friday, November 10, 2006

A passage I keep hearing lately that has been speaking to me:

15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
Romans 6:15-18
Whatever we submit ourselves to is what will control us. For me there have been times when I have submitted to fear, so fear controlled me. Other times when I submitted to apathy or laziness, and i was controlled by laziness. Do you see how it works? What started out to me as a small compromise led to bondage. I couldnt get out.
What are you a slave to? What is controlling your life? Is it sin or righteousness?
Would you be free from the burden of sin?
Theres power in the blood, power in the Blood!
Would you o'er evil a victory win?
Theres wonderful power in the blood!
(SASB 281)
34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John 8:34-36
Lord, I am reminded of my sin once again. Continue to convict me. I ask your forgiveness, I renounce all that is not of you that is within me. I repent. Cleanse me with your blood. Help me be obedient so I can be a slave to righteousness. I pray the same for my friends, convict them Lord and lead them into all righteousness. In Jesus name, Amen.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

thats so good, its great that u arent scared to write what ur actually thinking instead to some who are scared of what others may say etc eg ME...

anyway i think it was good that you actually did this blog good on ya xoxoxox love u so much xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Great stuff James! I look forward to seeing where God will lead you. I know he'll use you heaps. Bless ya!

Anonymous said...

PS check out my website: www.salvos.com/junction/home.htm

Anonymous said...

Hi James.

It's a blessing for me to follow you on our blog.

I have just started a new blog frank.jakshoj.nl and I try to write in english... :-)

Anonymous said...

And I try again..... anonymous are Frank

Jim Knaggs said...

Good word, James. Your love for God is showing. He looks really good in you.

JK