Friday, September 29, 2006

Keep commenting on the leadership blog, but i thought id share something that God did this morning which was really cool!

Ive started reading a book called, 'Can you hear me?' by Brad Jersak. Its a book about listening prayer, and so far its probably one of the best books on prayer i have ever read! Its really practical and will help open your senses up to realizing the many ways God speaks to us!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and picked up this book while I was still in bed. I heard a voice in my head say 'read the bible first.' I thought to myself, nah, i'll read this book and itll help me read the bible but the voice repeated. I then said, ok, if thats you God, what do u want me to read and why?

'Hebrews 10 and 11. Youll see why.' So i happily picked up my bible and opened to those chapters.

I finished reading and picked up the book. And heres the bit I wanted to get to...

The first bit I read was about the Bible! (funny coz Id just read the Bible...)

And in this section it spoke about how Jesus said in John 5:37-40 that people can read the scriptures all their lives and not hear Gods voice. They would honestly read them thinking they would find life in them, but then they failed to realise Gods living word. They didnt hear because of expectation. (the author says it alot better than this...)

The author continues to say 'how do we avoid this' and says we need to read expecting to hear Gods voice when we read the scriptures...

The next section was about God speaking beyond the Bible, that God still speaks personally to us in other ways. And the first other way the book speaks about was messengers (singers, authors, etc) then coincadinces...

I was like WOW! what a coincadence, or God-incadince that everything added up! The section on the Bible then the section on coincadences! The book directly related to me. So i asked God what does the passage I read have to do with all this?

And He answered as i thought about it, "All these guys (Hebrews 11) had faith in me. They didnt just serve me and or did the things they knew they should do, they had faith in me."

this spoke loudly to me. So often I get caught up in doing, that i forget to take the time to listen to God and have faith that I was going to hear Him speak to me...

anyway, it meant alot to me...

Whats God said to you lately? Hes always speaking, but are you listening?

No comments: