Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy

I live at the training college which is a 10 storey building, and I looked out my window the other night. It was dark, rainy and windy. I saw a light on in the building just down the road. And even though it was after midnight there was a lady there typing on her computer.

It made me think, there are so many people out there committed to their jobs, or even more specific, committed to making money. Some are so committed they lose their families, some so committed they spend all their waking hours working for their pay cheque. The quest for what they can get is so important to them that they sacrifice everything so they can get their goals. Most world leaders sleep for only around 4-6 hours every night.

As I read baout revival two points become very clear. The first is that they prayed and prayed and prayed. The second thing was they preached and preached and preached. Their work ethic was super high. There are stacks of people who lived in revival who would sleep verry little becasue they were so busy working. Its left me with a couple of questions... 1) What am I working for? 2) How committed am I? 3) Am I busy with the right stuff?

No comments: