Monday, March 05, 2007

God answers prayer!

Firstly, On an unrelated topic, has anyone ever been to Koorong without a) seeing someone they know, or b) not buying anything, or even c) both??? Its an mazing place...

Anyway. One of the things I love about God is that He answers prayer! I dont believe our prayers are powerful in themselves, rather the God who answers prayer is powerful! 2 stories...

Yesterday I did Junior Soldiers, I did the session with the three young junior soldiers, (around about 7-9 years old...) on "Listening Prayer." I encouraged them and told them they had all heard God speak to them and I got them to tell me some of the times they have heard God speak in a variety of ways. We did some personal friendship questions with Jesus, then we stepped into a Bible story, then we prayed for each other asking God what to say to each other.

The Junior Soldiers were on fire! They asked God what to say then encouraged, prophesied and gave words of knowledge to each other! I was about to finish but I made them do the same for me and what they said was very spot on! God is good and answers prayer!

Then today I had a phone call from some friends who I had prayed with recently. I had prayed that their son would get better. Surprise, surprise, there son has been miraculously healed! Thankyou Jesus!

So, when you pray do you believe God will answer? Or do you leave a message on His answering machine and not let Him speak back to you? When reading the Bible do you simply read the menu or taste the meal? I'll leave you with Gods phone number...

Jeremiah 3:33 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

2 comments:

Lieutenant Jo said...

I love seeing kids being fully involved in the ministry of the body of Christ! You guys are doing an awesome job... keep the passion. I know God's gonna do an awesome thing in that place!

Junior Soldiers is a really important program, I was thinking since last night, that I think we as the church might be doing an injustice to those who are young in the faith, by not teaching them about ALL that there is of God. This program really gets into some deep stuff and provides a solid theological foundation. I think the experiential side of a relationship with Christ isn't explored in the JS program as much as I'd like, (you guys seem to be going nuts with the experiential side.. yeah!). Its still the best material we got! The key is adaptation.

God is SO good! This generation has got an awesome future in store for them!!!!
Keep it stirring James!

Pete Brookshaw said...

Awesome James! These guys are gonna definitely be Revolutionaries...