Monday, June 01, 2009

Pentecost

I love Pentecost Sunday! I love reading about the day the Holy Spirit filled the people waiting for the Holy Spirit in the upper room! I love reading how the place shook, and tongues of fire rested on each persons head! I love reading about Peter preaching boldly and I love reading about how 3000 people got saved!

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday and I had the privledge to preach, 5 people came forward for Salvation and around 30 responded to the message to come and be filled with the Holy Spirit! A handful of people fell over under the power of the Holy Spirit, and in between meetings a man testified that whilst he was praying his body was coming up and off the floor! People were given prophetic words, words of knowledge and wisdom, and encouragement!

But the thing I am always reminded when I read and experience Pentecost is that it is just the beginning. The Holy Spirit enables us to do what God has called us to do, to be holy and to win the world for Jesus! Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you today so you can fulfill your God given purpose in life!